1. Legal information
We hereby inform you that:
- Edda Platform is published by:
KUSHIM, trading as KUSHIM, Inc an American registered company situated 2711 Centerville Road Suite 400 Delaware 19808 County of New Castle USA and KUSHIM FRANCE a French registered company situated 10 rue de penthievre 75008 Paris FRANCE;
E-mail address: email@example.com
- The organizations providing direct and ongoing storage are:
Linode LLC 249 Arch St. Philadelphia, PA 19106 United States
AWS, 410 Terry Avenue North Seattle, WA 98109 United States
The Platform is defined as SaaS platform for Venture Capital (“VC”) and Private Equity investors composed of the following modules:
- Dealflow: To facilitate the follow-up of investment opportunities, and easy-to-use solution allowing companies to be visualized and to create a follow-up workflow for due diligence.
- Portfolio Management: To follow the participations in the companies, consult the metrics and KPIs, and export reports and data visualization in a few clicks.
- Contacts: To have all contacts and interactions with entrepreneurs in one place.
- Documents: To easily store documents and exchange them with LPs.
- Portal: A reporting portal between VCs and Limited Partners (“LPs”) to follow fund news.
- Mobile Application: To faciliate the reading and interaction of the user on the Platform on mobile devices (available on iOS and Android)
- Outlook plugin: to get information from the Platform in the user inbox and send emails and related information to the Platform.
- Gmail plugin: to get information from the Platform in the user inbox and send emails and related information to the Platform.
3. Limitations to liability
The user of the Platform acknowledges that he/she has verified that the computer equipment being utilised does not contain any virus and that it is in perfect working order.
Information supplied by KUSHIM is only a guideline and does not give user any additional personalized analysis.
Consequently, user acknowledges that he/she is exclusively responsible for the use of this information.
4. Data protection
Automatic processing of name-related data from the Web site kushim.vc or edda.co was dealt with pursuant to the requirements of the European, French and American Data Protection Acts.
Specifically, pursuant to the French and American Data Protections Acts, user is notified that any information he/she submits via the Platform forms is needed so that his/her request can be answered; this information is sent to KUSHIM, which is responsible for processing the data for administrative and business purposes.
User is notified that he/she has the right of access, query and rectification; this right allows him/her to correct, complete, update, lock or remove any personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous, out-of-date, or of which the collection, use, communication or retention is prohibited.
User also have the right to object, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of his/her data, as well as the right to object to the use of this information for generating sales leads.
The complete set of these rights can be obtained from KUSHIM by mailing a written request or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org , along with a signed copy of the requester's identification card, to the following address:
KUSHIM 2711 Centerville Road Suite 400 Delaware 19808 County of New Castle USA
and (for French and European Customers) KUSHIM FRANCE 10 rue de penthievre 75008 Paris FRANCE;
A cookie is a block of data that does not allow identification of users but which enables the saving of information concerning users' browsing on the Website.
The browser software's settings allow detection of the presence of a cookie and the possible refusal of said cookie. In this case, certain Platform features may no longer be available. User possesses all of the aforementioned rights concerning information of a personal nature that is communicated by and through cookies under the terms indicated above.
Users who access, or may have access to, information of a personal nature must refrain from any collection, inappropriate usage in general, and action that may undermine a person's private life or reputation.
Cookie Use Domain Duration
Google Analytics ID for Google Analytics metrics .kushim.vc and .edda.co 13 months
Intercom ID for Intercom communication .kushim.vc and .edda.co 13 months
Calendly ID for Calendly calendar .calendly.com 13 months
Kushim ID for Kushim services .kushim.vc and .edda.co 13 months
Heap ID for Tracking platform usage .edda.co 13 months
6. Intellectual property
The Website's overall structure, as well the software, text, animated and non-animated images, know-how and any other elements that make up the Platform, are the exclusive property of KUSHIM.
Any total or partial reproduction of this Platform by any person, without the express authorisation of KUSHIM, is prohibited and constitutes an infringement penalized under American copyright law.
The same holds true for databases included on the Platform Website and protected by provisions concerning legal protection of databases, and of which KUSHIM is a producer.
The symbols representing KUSHIM and its partners, as well as the logos appearing at the Platform Website, are registered trade/service marks.
Therefore, any total or partial reproduction of these symbols or logos taken from elements within the Website, without the express authorisation of KUSHIM, is prohibited under the French law.
KUSHIM shall not be held responsible for users' access, via hypertext links inserted into the Platform Internet site's framework that point to other resources existing on the network.
Any dispute concerning the use of the Web site «kushim.vc» is subject to the American laws. User acknowledges that the appropriate courts in USA have exclusive jurisdiction.
Effective date: 23/01/2023
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices.
- Information about categories of personal data we process
- Processing purposes
- Lawful basis for processing personal data
- Information on communication to third parties
- Transfers outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Retention of data
- Your rights under the GDPR
- Information on data security
Collection of information
The Service collects information from you in two ways:
- directly from your input ;
- automatically through the Platform 's technologies.
a. Information provided by you
The types of information the Kushim Service collects directly from you may include the following as well as any other information type that we expressly ask you to enter and submit to the Platform:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address and your location;
- Usernames (email address);
- Comments and feedback, questions and contributions;
- Interests and communication preferences ;
- Emails contact, subject and content
- Other data you intentionally share.
b. Information collected automatically
The Platform automatically collects certain information regarding your use of the Kushim Service. Examples of information collected automatically include:
- Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier ("UDID") and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on the Kushim Service.
c. Cookies and web beacons
- "Session" cookies, which are temporary and deleted when you close your browser;
- "Persistent" cookies, which remain until you delete them or they expire;
- Web beacons, which are electronic images also known as single-pixel gifs.
In general, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies do not contain personally identifiable information, but when you furnish your personal information through the Service, this information may be linked to the non-personally identifiable data stored in cookies sent to your browser from the Service.
KUSHIM and its service providers use these technologies for various purposes, including: facilitating the login process, administering, customizing and improving the Service.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing browser cookies. However, if you block cookies, you may not be able to register, login or make full use of the Service. You can also use your mobile device's settings to manage the available privacy options.
Our HTML-formatted emails may contain a web beacon to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users and to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them. The web beacon will be deleted when you delete the email. Emails in plain text rather than HTML will not include the web beacon.
Use of personal information
We use the personal information collected through the Kushim Service to complete various actions:
- to provide, modify and improve Kushim Service and support;
- to update you on relevant new services and benefits;
- to personalize the Kushim Service and to select content to be communicated to you or to use features on the Service such as sharing content with a coworker;
- for data analysis, audits, enhancing the Service, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our Kushim Service
- to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The personal data you provide are not disclosed and/or resold to third parties by KUSHIM.
However, judicial or administrative authorities may require the disclosure of data allowing identification of a user.
Access to and accuracy of your personal information
Your data is stored securely and access is restricted to authorized personnel only.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you. You may also request to review and correct any of that personal information.
The Kushim Service may allow registered users to directly access their registration information and make corrections or updates. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to us, you can return to the Platform Web page where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that Web page, or contact us at the address listed below.
Your rights under the GDPR
You have the right to request access to your personal data, request their rectification and erasure, object their processing, request the restriction of their processing and request their portability in the conditions defined by the applicable regulations. You also have the right at any time to object to processing your personal information when there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground or to define general or specific guidelines concerning the fate of your personal data in case of death. It is stated that the exercise of those rights may cause the impossibility to provide in some cases the product or the service.
You also have the right at any time, without charge and without giving any reason to object to processing your personal information for commercial prospection purposes.
To exercise these rights, please contact your agency or KUSHIM at the following address:
KUSHIM - 2711 Centerville Road Suite 400 Delaware 19808 County of New Castle USA email@example.com
KUSHIM FRANCE 10 rue de penthievre 75008 Paris FRANCE
You also have the right to contact the Data Protection Officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), the French supervisory authority in charge of compliance with obligations regarding personal data.
Information on data security
KUSHIM takes all physical, technical and organizational measures needed to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data, particularly in view of protecting it against loss, accidental destruction, alteration, and non-authorized access.